Tattoo

Lady Gaga Thanks Whitney Houston For Inspiring 'Born This Way' at Grammys

During her acceptance speech for Best Pop Vocal Album, an emotional Lady Gaga thanked Whitney Houston, saying she imagined the legend singing her latest smash, 'Born This Way,' which gave her the confidence to write the track.

"I wanted to thank Whitney, because when I wrote 'Born this Way,' I imagined she was singing it -- because I wasn't secure enough in myself to imagine I was a superstar," Gaga told the crowd at the Staples Center. "So, Whitney, I imagined you were singing 'Born This Way' when I wrote it."

On Twitter, users seemed suspicious of Gaga's nod to Houston, with many commenting that she may have been trying to deflect some of the criticism she's received over the songs apparent similarities to Madonna's 1989 smash 'Express Yourself.'

Earlier in the evening, the 'Bad Romance' diva caused quite a stir after she arrived at the awards inside of an egg. Gaga's creative team explained, "Lady Gaga is in creative embryonic stage and won't be born until this evening."
TATTOO